Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design


In my class we all had to create a scratch games that were call Chase and Platfomer. Some of the requirements were to not make a remix of other games and to have blocks to get to a next level. Also it had to be named correctly so you know it was your game. I created this game for people to play it and not just for me. The users of my game helped me create my game because of the games people play today.

In my opinion I think my game was different and unique from my other class mates games because I used different sprites. I also used a different background then most of the other scratch game makers. My game is also a little different then some other makers like my game has a beetle and some people have just a mouse or fish. I also think that my game is different because it has different foods then most people. Also I think my game is kind of unique because I came up with it.

 I think the most difficult coding was getting the beetle to get to the different types of foods. I think this was hard because the ghoul would go haywire and it go's super fast and touches the beetle at a weird time. This is a hard coding because getting my food to move around was hard and getting my ghoul to move slowly was also hard. Some other difficult problems were getting the background to only have one backdrop and not more than one. These problems were hard for me and it may not be hard for you so if you have a solution please let me know.

9 comments:

  1. Your game was very creative, I really liked how your idea of using several sprites to score points. However, try decreasing the ghouls speed, its a bit to fast. Although, nice job creating clear and smooth motions for the beetle's food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job managing to make your other sprites' artificial intellegences
    Your main sprite was kinda buggy considering you chose the follow pen instead of when key pressed block
    Overall great job just have to fix things here and there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you used so many sprites, very creative.
    Maybe you could make the beetle move a little smother.
    I think the speed of the food is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you took the time to include all of those sprites
    I think that you could make the bug start at a different x and y coordinate to make it a little bit more clear that, the bug is what your a moving. Overall, I think that you did a great job, and good job on all of those sprites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you make the horse say next level when you touch the circle.
    I think that maybe you could use the link on the focus wall that says simple jumping to help you get on the bars.
    I really like your game overall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice game I love all the sprite use. You could make the game end that would be cool. I love the sprite speed a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good game i really liked the background and the colors. Although, you could make the sprite a little smaller by using a set size block and 50. I like how its a unicorn as a character good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked the sprites you chose to use
    but your game just keeps on going, the place of the goal does not change, and neither do the platforms.
    Overall nice game the unicorn moves smoothley

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how many different sprites there are. I think that you should fix the way the bug sprite moves. I like the concept of your game.

    ReplyDelete